How often do I share my faith with non-believers?

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Questionaire for New Believer #2- Mark (Mont. Community College Student)

Tell me about your journey to faith in Christ?
o My parents are Christians and I always went to church. I really didn’t care much about the whole God thing and just went with the flow. It wasn’t until New Year’s Eve at a lock in at the church when I realized how true being a Christian is and what it’s all about.

What helped you the most to step over the line and make the commitment?
o I saw the way people were responding to the Spirit. I realized there was more to Christianity. It was a hard decision, but it must have been done. I was struggling with cigarettes and knew they would be no more in my life once I became real with Christ. I knew if I was going to make a commitment like that to Christ, nothing, especially cigarettes will have power over me.

What has been the best part of becoming a Christ follower for you?
o I feel different every morning. I feel like I have a reason to smile. My parents seem to appreciate and love me more. I am sure they always did but now they feel more comfortable with showing me that unconditional love that they do have for me.

What has been the most challenging part of following Christ?
o Some of the friends I had outside of the church don’t really talk to me anymore. It’s difficult losing people in my life, but I know it was worth it for losing my life to Christ.

What do you think is helping you grow the most in your faith?
o My parents. We have bonded so much closer over this. My dad is my mentor. He shows me the best example I can have on how to be a God-like man. For my mother to see this, it’s the greatest testament ever.

What advice do you have for me in helping others like you to grow in their faith?
o It’s not about you. You may want to fit in with everyone else. I don’t think that gets us anywhere. If you’re parents are Christians, don’t be afraid of their life style. Imagine yourself as a happier person with something to live for. Keep people mentoring you and your faith will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment