How often do I share my faith with non-believers?

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Believer Interview #1 Dave

Dave is enrolled at the University of Penn

Tell me about your journey to faith in Christ?
o My parents and I never went to church. It wasn’t until I came to college that I met a friend who bought me to church with him.

What helped you the most to step over the line and make the commitment?
o I felt like I needed help from somewhere else than normal. I needed to confide in something bigger than myself. I was overwhelmed (in a good way) during the night that I gave my heart to God. I felt at peace that night.

What has been the best part of becoming a Christ follower for you?
o I feel stabile. I know that when I feel like I have no one else by my side that God is always there.

What has been the most challenging part of following Christ?
o Convincing my family that this is the way to live. They think it’s a joke sometimes. It’s really discouraging.

What do you think is helping you grow the most in your faith?
o Knowing the emotions I felt before I knew Christ, and comparing that to how much easier it is to live now that I do know Him. My life is complete and in control only through God.

What advice do you have for me in helping others like you to grow in their faith?
o Keep Christ in your mind always. The more you think of Him in every disicion you make, the easier it will get. Once He's considered first and above all, your faith with continue to increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment